Monday, May 4, 2009

man up already.

I so desperately want to believe in him. I want to believe that regardless of his failure as a husband and a man, he can still fulfill my hopes for him as a father.

Is it really so much to ask? He has Alex for one week -- which is thus far been the hardest 24 hours of my life, six days left -- and his life doesn't change at all. I can't fathom it. I'm deeply disappointed really...He continually talks about is how devastated he is to lose his children in the way he has, but I finally grant him an entire week with his son and he drags him along on his own excursions and calls it bonding.

How many chances am I required to give this man -- and I use that term loosely. How long do I wait for him to man up, hoping he doesn't hurt my children along the way? Where do I draw the line between protecting them and preventing them from knowing their father?

No comments: