Wednesday, April 15, 2009

daily we pray for the eyes of jesus.

When I look around, I see people just struggling to make it in this life. We make the best choices we can in the circumstances we are in and at the end of the day we all have to face those decisions. Dealing with the judgment and hatred and bitterness of others just makes the struggle that much more difficult. Each of us is just in constant search of a hand and an understanding heart.

I hope that I am never as quick to judge and as slow to look inward as those I unwillingly surround myself with. I hope I never find joy in the struggles, pain, and failures of my neighbors. I hope I don't judge a soul by the shell it resides in. And I hope I never feel the need to define human beings with labels.

When did society put respect and kindness towards animals and the environment before respect and kindness toward each other?

That's all.

No comments: